Online Yoga Classes
The online yoga classes use Zoom video conferencing software. These live classes are very much like a studio class – with the added benefit that you can practice in the comfort of your own home and everyone gets a front row seat. The technology is easier to use that you may imagine. Check out which classes are currently held online on the GuildfordYoga Class Timetable.
If you can’t make the scheduled times for live classes, you can also catch up with these classes at a time to suit you with Zoom Rewind, recorded versions of online classes.
See the points below for hints and tips on how to make the most of the experience.
Booking and Paying
1. Choose your class then book and pay for it directly from the GuildfordYoga Class Timetable page.
1. Download Zoom video conferencing software here. It is quick, easy, safe and free for you to use.
2. Arrange your computer and mat so that you can see the screen easily and position yourself so I can see your mat and whole body. Don’t forget to turn on the audio and video so that we can see and hear each other.
3. Turn on your lights, even during the daytime, I can see you better if you are well illuminated.
4. Have equipment to hand, if you don’t have a yoga mat or blocks – carpet, books and rolled-up towels work just fine!
I’ll send an email ‘invitation’ to join the meeting 10-15 minutes before the class starts. Remember to refresh your email page and check your spam folder if you don’t receive it. Once you receive the invitation, either:
1. Click directly on the link and you’ll be taken directly to the meeting OR paste the link into your browser, which should also take you to the class. You may need the meeting ID/password, included in the invitation email.
2. You will need to turn on your audio and video when prompted.
3. If you have difficulty in joining, close down the dialogue box and try again. The link can be re-used.
1. Scroll around the screen using your cursor to find:
Audio (bottom left), chat (bottom centre), end meeting (bottom right) and gallery/speaker view (top right).
2. Pressing the gallery/speaker view options allows you to toggle between viewing the whole class as small equal sized squares or have just the main speaker filling the screen.
3. Once the class begins all participant microphones will be switched off (otherwise it’s very noisy). If you have questions you can turn your microphone on.
“Hi Luci, I just wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying the Zoom classes. Not only does it take less time out of my day but as you have commented I get a front row seat. Also I like the fact that I can check on myself either using the small screen or my reflection in our TV… keep up the good work.” – Denise