Protecting your personal details on the GuildfordYoga website
Protecting your personal details on the GuildfordYoga website.
I believe that it is important to protect your personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR) in a way that protects your privacy. This document explains how I collect your personal data, what kind of information I keep and what I will and will not do with it.
1. Collecting Data
- I collect and store the following information about my pupils and clients: Names, Email Addresses and mobile phone numbers.
- This data is collected when you attend a GuildfordYoga class, via the class register that you are requested to complete, or when you email me directly via either of the addresses listed above requesting information.
- You are offered the opportunity to refuse to provide your email address or mobile phone number if you so wish. In which case, no data is about you is collected.
- I do not collect or use any other information about you from any other sources.
2. Data Storage and Data Protection
- I store your personal data on my email account, Yahoo Mail and also on a bulk email service called MailChimp in password protected list format.
- You are given the opportunity to unsubscribe from this list at any time.
- I store the mobile phone numbers of my private clients on my mobile phone for personal communication purposes.
- I do not store or use the mobile phone numbers of group class pupils electronically on a routine basis. The information is stored in written form only on the class registers.
- I will not disclose your personal data to any third party.
3. Data Use
- I collect your names so that I can address you personally in class and via personal email correspondence, I do not use your names for bulk marketing communications.
- I use your email addresses for marketing purposes so that I can update you regarding changes to the class timetable as and when necessary.
- Your mobile phone numbers are used for personal one-to-one communication to arrange/cancel classes and not used routinely for bulk communication.
- Your personal data is updated routinely as/when you request a change.
4. PayPal Usage
Date: 23rd September 2021
Edited by: Luci Phipps